The Agence pour l’Entreprise & l’Innovation (AEI) builds, drives and leads a unique network of advisers for enterprises, brought together within structures called “operators”. These Walloon operators as a whole are skilled in innovation development, business creation and enterprise support.
The AEI’s ambition for this network of operators is for it to:
- make a significant contribution to Wallonia’s economic and social development, supported by the core businesses of its members acting in partnership;
- offer enterprises and project leaders a visible and clear set of services organised into coherent and efficient sectors, with recognised added value;
- foster the creation, growth and transmission of enterprises as well as all aspects of innovation, by designing, proposing and implementing a programme of actions within Walloon strategic plans;
- make Wallonia a region of digital excellence.
Tools and means are developed by the AEI to make this network of operators more efficient:
- signing agreements with all operators with the aim of implementing coordinated, effective and efficient activities;
- more accurate determination of target demographics of operators and their core businesses;
- organisation of operators’ activities into service sectors for faster and broader development of enterprises;
- professionalisation of enterprise advisers through a tailored training plan;
- collaboration between the AEI and operators to develop methodologies, share good practices, explore new options, etc.
- development of a common culture;
- tracking and evaluation of the network’s overall performance.